Monday, April 27, 2009

Electric is the future

I have an electric bike that I really enjoy riding. I bought it last year at Canadian Tire for $400 after taxes. I have been taking it where ever I need to go or just out for a bike ride. This bike has a motor which you could either ride just using the motor or you could pedal and use the motor at the same time. Charging the battery full only costs a few cents and you could go for over an hour of continuous usage before it needs recharging. I have become a bit of a celebrity in my small town lately because it is not everyday that someone see's an electric bike going down the street. Everyone knows it is a different bike because when the motor is running everyone could hear it. It is not a loud motor but it makes a noise just like any moving gear thingy would.

Now I did not buy this thing to be lazy and not pedal anymore. I bought it to have some fun on it while trying out something new that no one has ever seen before. I hope to promote kind of bike or any other electric transportation in the future because it is cheap to run and it is very healthy for our air and our planet. I hope that gasoline vehicles will be off the road in the future because the price of fuel is just too expensive and the internal combustion engine is very inefficient and it pollutes our air. Besides we all want to save a little bit of money and what better way than using electricity to do it. It is very powerful stuff. Some cars on electricity could go from 0 to 60mph in just a few seconds!! These cars are rare and expensive but once the supply is more out than it will come way down in price.

It's just like my bike!! When this type of bike first came out it cost $700, but now it has come down in price because more people are buying it. The only down side is If you run out battery dry of power than you have to pedal with no electric power which is extremely hard to do because you are pedaling against the chain attached to the electric motor which has a lot of friction so if you have a long way to go you could get pretty tired. Also the battery could only last around 150 charges. A replacement battery right now cost's $130. It will come down as more people buy it though.

I think everyone should buy one because they are so much fun zipping down the street on. When you have a newly charged batter at full throttle in a steady peddle you could reach 19 mph!! Hold on tight!! This thing rips!!! from stand still to full speed with peddling, less than 2 seconds. I swear this bike rips.

Take a break and buy one! I stongly recommend it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment